IRA Document Amendment Solutions
Understanding when to amend IRA documents is not always easy. We’re here to help.
Ascensus closely watches for law changes that affect IRAs. When amendments are required or recommended, we’ll help you stay
compliant by guiding you through the amendment process.
While not required by the IRS at this time, Ascensus recommends amending existing IRAs for the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act, and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
How We Can Help
The Ascensus IRA Full Disclosure Statement Amendment for SECURE Act can be used with any Ascensus IRA document. This amendment incorporates the following changes to IRAs.
- Repeal of the age restriction for Traditional IRA contributions
- Required minimum distributions (RMDs) to begin at age 72 instead of age 70½
- More rapid payouts to nonspouse beneficiaries (with some exceptions)
- An exception to the 10 percent early distribution penalty tax for qualifying births and adoptions
The amendment also incorporates changes to IRAs for the CARES Act.
- Waiver of 2020 RMDs for IRA owners and beneficiaries, including those who turned age 70½ in 2019 but did not take their first RMD before January 1, 2020. Also, the year 2020 will not be counted for purposes of a five-year payout period for a beneficiary.
- Ability to take penalty-free coronavirus-related distributions (CRDs) of up to $100,000 in aggregate from IRAs and eligible retirement plans and repay the distributions within three years.
Amendment Mailing Service
Purchase our Amendment Mailing Service and let us do the work for you. We’ll print and mail the amendment—and cover letter explaining the changes—to your Traditional, Roth, and SIMPLE IRA owners.
Buy hardcopy amendments for Traditional, Roth, and SIMPLE IRAs. With no minimum order requirement, order each separately and get exactly what you need—and a sample cover letter explaining the changes.
Get a copyright license and fulfill amendments in the way that works best for you—including electronic delivery. The cost of a copyright license includes amendments for Traditional, Roth, and SIMPLE IRAs, and a sample cover letter explaining the changes.
|Get a Quote||Order Now||Get a License Agreement|
|# of Accounts||Amendment Mailing Service
cost per IRA, per type* (plus postage)
|Paper cost per IRA, per type||Copyright License cost for all IRAs|
|Branding/customization quoted separately.|
|Ascensus’ standard amendment for all Ascensus IRA document clients for the SECURE and CARES Acts includes the Full Disclosure Statement IRA Amendment.|
Are you unsure whether you’re current on past amendments, or are you ready to convert to Ascensus IRA documents?
We’ll help you find an amendment solution that works for you. Call 800-346-3860 or email email@example.com.
For the latest news on the SECURE Act and our industry’s response to COVID-19 and legislative relief, such as the CARES Act, visit https://www2.ascensus.com/covid-19-and-secure-act-news-and-resources/.